Saturday, March 14, 2015

3.1415926

In honor of Super Pi Day, I thought I would make the one and only (useless) definitive list of Chapter 3 Verse 14 that have ever existed in the Standard Works. Just because. You're welcome!

Book of Mormon

1 Nephi "But Laman fled out of his presence, and told the things which Laban had done, unto us. And we began to be exceedingly sorrowful, and my brethren were about to return unto my father in the wilderness."

2 Nephi "And thus prophesied Joseph, saying: Behold, that seer will the Lord bless; and they that seek to destroy him shall be confounded; for this promise, which I have obtained of the Lord, of the fruit of my loins, shall be fulfilled. Behold, I am sure of the fulfilling of this promise;"

Jacob "These plates are called the plates of Jacob, and they were made by the hand of Nephi. And I make an end of speaking these words."

Mosiah "Yet the Lord God saw that his people were a stiffnecked people, and he appointed unto them a law, even the law of Moses."

Alma "Thus the word of God is fulfilled, for these are the words which he said to Nephi: Behold, the Lamanites have I cursed, and I will set a mark on them that they and their seed may be separated from thee and thy seed, from this time henceforth and forever, except they repent of their wickedness and turn to me that I may have mercy upon them."

Helaman "But behold, a hundredth part of the proceedings of this people, yea, the account of the Lamanites and of the Nephites, and their wars, and contentions, and dissensions, and their preaching, and their prophecies, and their shipping and their building of ships, and their building of temples, and of synagogues and their sanctuaries, and their righteousness, and their wickedness, and their murders, and their robbings, and their plundering, and all manner of abominations and whoredoms, cannot be contained in this work."

3 Nephi "And he caused that fortifications should be built round about them, and the strength thereof should be exceedingly great. And he caused that armies, both of the Nephites and of the Lamanites, or of all them who were numbered among the Nephites, should be placed as guards round about to watch them, and to guard them from the robbers day and night."

Ether "Behold, I am he who was prepared from the foundation of the world to redeem my people. Behold, I am Jesus Christ. I am the Father and the Son. In me shall all mankind have life, and that eternally, even they who shall believe on my name; and they shall become my sons and my daughters."


Old Testament

Genesis "And the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life."

Exodus "And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you."

Leviticus "And he shall offer thereof his offering, even an offering made by fire unto the Lord; the fat that covereth the inwards, and all the fat that is upon the inwards,"

Numbers "And the Lord spake unto Moses in the wilderness of Sinai, saying,"

Deuteronomy "Jair the son of Manasseh took all the country of Argob unto the coasts of Geshuri and Maachathi; and called them after his own name, Bashan-havoth-jair, unto this day."

Joshua "And it came to pass, when the people removed from their tents, to pass over Jordan, and the priests bearing the ark of the covenant before the people;"

Judges "So the children of Israel served Eglon the king of Moab eighteen years."

1 Samuel "And therefore I have sworn unto the house of Eli, that the iniquity of Eli’s house shall not be purged with sacrifice nor offering for ever."

2 Samuel "And David sent messengers to Ish-bosheth Saul’s son, saying, Deliver me my wife Michal, which I espoused to me for an hundred foreskins of the Philistines."

1 Kings "And if thou wilt walk in my ways, to keep my statutes and my commandments, as thy father David did walk, then I will lengthen thy days."

2 Kings "And Elisha said, As the Lord of hosts liveth, before whom I stand, surely, were it not that I regard the presence of Jehoshaphat the king of Judah, I would not look toward thee, nor see thee."

1 Chronicles "Amon his son, Josiah his son."

2 Chronicles "And he made the veil of blue, and purple, and crimson, and fine linen, and wrought cherubims thereon."

Nehemiah "But the dung gate repaired Malchiah the son of Rechab, the ruler of part of Beth-haccerem; he built it, and set up the doors thereof, the locks thereof, and the bars thereof."

Esther "The copy of the writing for a commandment to be given in every province was published unto all people, that they should be ready against that day."

Job "With kings and counsellors of the earth, which built desolate places for themselves;"

Proverbs "For the merchandise of it is better than the merchandise of silver, and the gain thereof than fine gold."

Ecclesiastes "I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him."

Isaiah "The Lord will enter into judgment with the ancients of his people, and the princes thereof: for ye have eaten up the vineyard; the spoil of the poor is in your houses."

Jeremiah "Turn, O backsliding children, saith the Lord; for I am married unto you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion:"

Lamentations "I was a derision to all my people; and their song all the day."

Ezekiel "So the spirit lifted me up, and took me away, and I went in bitterness, in the heat of my spirit; but the hand of the Lord was strong upon me."

Daniel "Nebuchadnezzar spake and said unto them, Is it true, O Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego, do not ye serve my gods, nor worship the golden image which I have set up?"

Joel "Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for theday of the Lord is near in the valley of decision."

Amos "That in the day that I shall visit the transgressions of Israel upon him I will also visit the altars of Beth-el: and the horns of the altar shall be cut off, and fall to the ground."

Nahum "Draw thee waters for the siege, fortify thy strong holds: go into clay, and tread the mortar, make strong the brickkiln."

Habakkuk "Thou didst strike through with his staves the head of his villages: they came out as a whirlwind to scatter me: their rejoicing was as to devour the poor secretly."

Zephaniah "Sing, O daughter of Zion; shout, O Israel; be glad and rejoice with all the heart, O daughter of Jerusalem."

Malachi "Ye have said, It is vain to serve God: and what profit is it that we have kept his ordinance, and that we have walked mournfully before the Lord of hosts?"

New Testament

Matthew "But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?"

Mark "And he ordained twelve, that they should be with him, and that he might send them forth to preach,"

Luke "And the soldiers likewise demanded of him, saying, And what shall we do? And he said unto them, Do violence to no man, neither accuse any falsely; and be content with your wages."

John "And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:"

Acts "But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you;"

Romans "Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:"

1 Corinthians "If any man’s work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward."

2 Corinthians "But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same veil untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which veil is done away in Christ."

Galatians "That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith."

Ephesians "For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,"

Philippians "I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."

Colossians "And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness."

2 Thessalonians "And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed."

1 Timothy "These things write I unto thee, hoping to come unto thee shortly:"

2 Timothy "But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;"

Titus "And let ours also learn to maintain good works for necessary uses, that they be not unfruitful."

Hebrews "For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast unto the end;"

James "But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts,glory not, and lie not against the truth."

1 Peter "But and if ye suffer for righteousness’ sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;"

2 Peter "Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless."

1 John "We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death."

Revelation "And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;"

Doctrine and Covenants and Pearl of Great Price

D&C "And this is the reason that thou hast lost thy privileges for a season—"

Moses "And the name of the third river was Hiddekel; that which goeth toward the east of Assyria. And the fourth river was the Euphrates."

Abraham "And it was in the night time when the Lord spake these words unto me: I will multiply thee, and thy seed after thee, like unto these; and if thou canst count the number of sands, so shall be the number of thy seeds."

No comments:

Post a Comment